I was stunned. They "know not what they do" is the kindest thing I can say. Tim McVeigh was soaked in AMERICAN blood for God's sake and these people cheer? I we make to the Nov. elections without someone getting murdered or bombs set off, we will be very lucky.
You guys aren't looking at the whole story here. Last year the tea party was referred to negatively as "Tim McVeigh wannabes" and "gangsters". Ever since, Hannity has been using the phrase in a mocking manner. The people aren't celebrating Tim McVeigh at all. They're just being sarcastic and mocking the people who originally called them that. You're all being a little paranoid, the tea party isn't violent at all.
Maybe that was what Hannity had in mind, but maybe not. Still, I think McVeigh is a name not to be thrown around too lightly with all of the damage he was responsible for in Oklahoma City.
I don't so much think that the Tea Party people are violent. Although, I do think some extremists like militia people and white nationalists are using the Tea Party movement to try and strengthen their mainstream position.
One of my biggest problem with Tea Party people is their unwillingness to say "no" to the very angry rhetoric and the racism that pops up way too often at Tea Party events.
Hannity may have been using sarcasm, but it isn't definite that he was. Also, I doubt if everyone in the audience took his "Tim McVeigh wannabe" remark as sarcasm.
6 comments:
I am stunned, and very worried. Very scary. Where is the reaction from the so called tea party. What about the audience. This is sick.
I was stunned. They "know not what they do" is the kindest thing I can say. Tim McVeigh was soaked in AMERICAN blood for God's sake and these people cheer? I we make to the Nov. elections without someone getting murdered or bombs set off, we will be very lucky.
Are these people even listening to what is being said? Are they just mindlessly clapping on cue, like an infomercial? A new low for Hannity.
You guys aren't looking at the whole story here. Last year the tea party was referred to negatively as "Tim McVeigh wannabes" and "gangsters". Ever since, Hannity has been using the phrase in a mocking manner. The people aren't celebrating Tim McVeigh at all. They're just being sarcastic and mocking the people who originally called them that. You're all being a little paranoid, the tea party isn't violent at all.
Maybe that was what Hannity had in mind, but maybe not. Still, I think McVeigh is a name not to be thrown around too lightly with all of the damage he was responsible for in Oklahoma City.
I don't so much think that the Tea Party people are violent. Although, I do think some extremists like militia people and white nationalists are using the Tea Party movement to try and strengthen their mainstream position.
One of my biggest problem with Tea Party people is their unwillingness to say "no" to the very angry rhetoric and the racism that pops up way too often at Tea Party events.
Hannity may have been using sarcasm, but it isn't definite that he was. Also, I doubt if everyone in the audience took his "Tim McVeigh wannabe" remark as sarcasm.
Post a Comment