Did you know that Glenn Beck is planning a rally to take place on the anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s famous 'I Have a Dream Speech'? What's more, Beck's rally is being held at the same location where King gave his speech in 1963 and will feature guests like Sarah Palin!Beck has every right to do this and we have every right to protest it.
I just signed a pledge to stand with Martin Luther King Jr.'s vision of a just, diverse and equal society. We cannot let Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin destroy and distort King's vision. As King once said: 'Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter'.
We can't become silent. Sign the pledge: glennbeckisnotmartinlutherkingjr.com
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Glenn Beck Is Not Martin Luther King Jr.
This is a message I recently ran across:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mr Sandy:
Do you find it interesting that the same Black Quasi-Socialist Progressive-Fundamentalist Racism Chasers that are pissed that Glenn Beck is seeking to co-opt Martin Luther King Jr's legacy are talking more about Glenn Beck than they have shown any interest in proving that King's dream can be found alive anywhere on the streets of Black America where the progressives got into power by promising us the grand benefits that would result when they did?
Seriously Mr Sandy - where is your integrity on the issue of the best interests of our community?
I think the basis of your comment is on shaky ground and that makes it difficult to respond.
I think your premise is misguided. Just this weekend, in my former hometown of Detroit, the Rev. Jesse Jackson is leading a march for peace, jobs and justice. I think there are many people striving to realize Dr. King's dream. They're approach may not be the way you'd like it, but that doesn't mean that people do not yearn to achieve what Dr. King envisioned and hoped for, fought for and died for.
I'm not sure what "Black Quasi-Socialist Progressive-Fundamentalist Racism Chasers" really means, but I know that there are a lot of people doing a lot of work to improve things in this country. We may differ on political philosophy, but that doesn't mean we're not all (or most all) fighting for the same things. I did not agree with much of what President George W. Bush did, but I never doubted his loyalty to the country.
My integrity is there, but you may need to take off the tinted glasses and tunnel-vision blinders to see more clearly.
Post a Comment