Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Media Matters For America Illustrates A Tired Trend

I should have picked up on this little nugget, but for whatever the reason I did not.

Media Matters for America noticed a hysterical trend on the part of trying to portray everything that has happened even remotely bad as "Obama's Katrina." MMA has pointed out eight different times that far-right conservative media have tried to portray the latest thing bad as "Obama's Katrina" once again.

Here is the list:
  • The gulf oil spill
  • The H1N1 flu outbreak
  • The Fort Hood shooting tragedy
  • The Kentucky ice storms (I had not heard this one linked to President Obama)
  • Haiti earthquake
  • GM bankruptcy
  • Christmas Day underwear bomber
  • Housing policies in Chicago (I had not really heard this one linked to the president either)
For a full breakdown, visit Media Matters for America:
http://mediamatters.org/research/201004300043

No comments: