As usual, when Fox News needs to attack black folks, one of its favorite people to call upon is Rep. Allen West, who absurdly likens himself (I can't even make this up) to a modern-day Harrien Tubman ... LOL.
You can visit the link and read about his delusions of grandeur (only on Fox News). It honestly sort of destroys all future credibility, but we'll proceed anyway.
West made a stop on Bill O'Reilly's Fox News show to take some shots at the Congressional Black Caucus. It was mainly so he could attack Rep. Andre Carson for some strong words he used in going after the so-called tea party when he said some of them would "love to see you and me ... hanging on a tree." Obviously, those are strong words and over the top, but I think it's fairly clear that the tea party has a fairly Republican agenda that is out of step with the way most black people tend to feel.
O'Reilly had to love having West on to attack the CBC. It was sort of black-on-black crime.
It's ironic, as News Hounds points out, that O'Reilly would welcome Rep. West as a guest on the show to attach the CBC. West is the same one who launched a vicious attach against rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (largely applauded by O'Reilly and numerous others on the far right of the political spectrum). You may recall, the thin-skinned West was lightly challenged by Wasserman Schultz and, with his ego bruised, called her:
This was how Crooks and Liars quoted Politico:
Florida GOP Congressman Allen West this afternoon dispatched a scathing personal email to Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, calling her "vile, unprofessional ,and despicable," "a coward," "characterless," and "not a Lady," and demanding that she "shut the heck up."
I thought I would add a bit of that reminder of what O'Reilly's pal Mr. West said to attack Wasserman Schultz.
Apparently, O'Reilly has no problem with that kind of rhetoric against a liberal woman, but there is a problem when he sees someone from the CBC attack the so-called tea party.
Strange ... he likes to verbally attack some women, but yet he thinks he is Harriet Tubman. If he starts dressing like Harriet Tubman then things really get scary.
NOTE: (In reference to the photo) I am not necessarily calling West a raging psychopath based on this photo I found on the Internet. But I did think there was some satirical value to the contrast the person who put this photo illustration together saw.
2 comments:
My dear friend Sandy:
Do you ever think about looking past politicians and instead make note of what the Black Rank & File make people out to be?
With President Obama having received far, far, far more INVESTED "Equal Black Ballots" than West will ever get - why aren't you more concerned that they were compelled to believe that Obama was "Hope & Change" personified?
I don't believe they were compelled to think anything. I believe that black people have minds of their own and made reasoned decisions based on information they had before them. Perhaps you think otherwise (maybe less) of the intellect of black people if you believe they were somehow compelled to believe in Barack Obama.
Post a Comment