Sunday, May 31, 2009
How Can Fox News Analyze The Media With Nearly All Right-Wing Viewpoints
I look at some of the so-called media watchdogs on Fox News and nearly all of them are hardcore right-wing commentators. The once-decent,but now pitiful show Fox News Watch, traditionally, has been stacked with far-right guys like Jim Pinkerton and Cal Thomas. Bill O’Reilly brings on the far-right Bernie Goldberg as his media watchdog and, today, Fox News has far-right Liz Trotta on to analyze the media’s coverage of the nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor for the U.S. Supreme Court. The network needs to do a better job of balancing its news and, even more so, its commentary.
Labels:
Bernie Goldberg,
bias,
fox news,
Fox News Watch,
Jim Pinkerton,
Liz Trotta,
Sonia Sotomayor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
When I watch Fox... I wonder if they ever can move off the center and move more to the right.
They seem very fair and balanced, the only network I see who doesn't ONLY show the left-leaning side of everything.
Many main-stream sources just ignore anything that might even seem to be pejorative to Obama and his team.
Here is my thought:
Fox News: Right (not far right, but definitely right). In my opinion, Fox is very unbalanced. It begins with Fox and Friends and progresses through Megyn Kelly, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity and Greta Van Susteren ... all right wingers.
MSNBC: Left (this network does have the conservative Joe Scarborough on in the morning ... so more balanced than Fox). Keith Olbermann is a left winger ... as is Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz. Chris Matthews leans left, but will criticize the left a little.
CNN: Easily the most balanced of the three major cable networks. Works very hard to balance Republican and Democrat opinion. For example, this morning I watched Donna Brazile (Democrat) and Ed Gillespie (Republican) debating in a fair format. This is rarely the case on Fox News.
The networks: The networks seek to avoid opinion and try to stick to news as it is presented while adding as little spin as possible.
I don't think there is much evidence that the media ignores much about Obama. In fact, I think he is oversaturated with media coverage (good and bad).
Post a Comment