I want to say a few things about George W. Bush, our former president of the United States of America.
I disagreed with a lot of things President Bush did during his eight years in office. BUT, I never thought President Bush was out to destroy the country or hated America.
I just felt he was misguided in a lot of things (not the least of which is the decade-long war in Afghanistan that has gotten us nowhere and cost too many lives) that he did (many of which continue to plague us to this day).
With that as the backdrop, these right wingers (like Rep. Michele Bachmann, Rep. Steve King, half-term quitter Gov. Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, nearly everyone at Fox News and so many others) have lost their minds with their attacks on President Obama. Their hatred of President Obama is so over the top it is frightening. How any real Americans can think our president wants to destroy the country is beyond me. It is evidence of the hateful nature of a large number of my fellow Americans.
Anyway, that is just a brief rant.
2 comments:
I agree with this rant, Sandy. Bush did things that were simply jaw dropping, but not for one minute did I not think he was doing it for the better of the country. I disagreed with his politics, but I did not question him as a person who loved his country. The utter contempt and hatred on the far-right is both scary and disheartening. Disagreements will help move our country forward only if it is followed by respectful dialouge.
Chuck
Thanks, Chuck, for your comment. I wanted people to understand that I think President Bush was a good man who just did things that I did not agree with during his terms.
Like you, I find the hatred on the far right toward President Obama to be downright chilling. It is frightening the atmosphere in this country right now on the right wing.
Post a Comment