
Pathetic Fox News will go to any lengths to attack this president by exploiting even the slightest of openings to continue its public relations work for the Republicans.
The latest is Fox News trying to advance the ridiculous notion that President Obama doesn't really care about the Boy Scouts and is more interested in hanging out with the ladies of The View.
Once again, it's all part of a Fox News campaign to try and show President Obama hating on anyone and everyone.
From Media Matters:
Seizing on a report from CNS News' Penny Starr, several conservative blogs are attacking President Obama for not speaking in person at the Boy Scouts' upcoming 100th anniversary jamboree because he will be in New Jersey to speak about the economy before heading to New York City to film an upcoming appearance on ABC's The View.
The CNS article includes several points that should (in a sane media world) mitigate the inevitable freak-out from conservative media figures:
- Obama will be addressing the Boy Scouts via a taped message.
- Several previous presidents -- including conservative hero Ronald Reagan -- did not address a Boy Scouts jamboree in person.
- The Boy Scouts just visited the Oval Office two weeks ago.
Don't fall for the bogus, partisan attack by Fox News on the president.
I suppose the image above (for conservatives) shows the president hating on the Boy Scouts.
5 comments:
Sandy:
Does it stand to reason that when various "Democrat Who Are Black" organizations equate a Republican's absence from their venue as proof that the candidate is a RACIST or he doesn't value the Black vote - that you are prone to disagree with this just as you point out with the Obama/Boy Scout debate?
OR are you only into indicting conservatives?
Did you render a post on Meg Wittman's decision to not attend a Black forum?
[quote]dedicated mostly to conservative black opinion (which I once had)./quote]
Tell me Sandy - what convinced you to go over to the "Popular" side? Pressure to "Get in where you fit in"?
A person's decision (by itself) not to attend an organization's event is not alone an indication of racial bias. Such thinking is foolish. But, if it fits a pattern of hostility then it could be a piece of evidence to make such a case. It has to be put in context.
I did not render a post about Meg Wittman's decision to not attend a black forum. I also did not render one about President Obama's decision not to attend certain black forums.
I am not sure what you mean by the popular side. But, if it is the popular side then does that make the other side the unpopular side? I switched because of President G.W. Bush's policies and Fox News. I was a conservative (I am never really sure what they're trying to conserve) for a good chunk of my life until I saw the light.
[quote]I am never really sure what they're trying to conserve[/quote]
Mr Gholston:
I am a CONSERVATOR. Just as the conservator of a museum attempts to capture all artifacts that retain the integrity of the subject of the display in question - I have a mission as well.
I acknowledge that there are a set of policies and principles, if IDENTIFIED, OPERATIONALIZED, ENFORCED AND PROPAGATED - will effectively build up young Black males and females into pillars of their communities.
Humans do not change over history.
Only our technology and our domain of travel.
Instead of "progressively" searching for a means by which the "Community Cultural Consciousness" can be rooted into our community by the American Political Domain - I as a conservator see this as a function of human resource management - in the context of a world where our basic protections are afforded.
I hope to one day see you do a post about "Why you and other Blacks keep trying to achieve racial competency development via the American Political domain".
I read an article on "The Root.com" today in which the political operatives in Brooklyn were lamenting about how the Black community has no political power in NYC. This despite having the ideology, party and labor movement that they have fused with having so much dominate control in the area.
Perhaps you will one day explore this issue.
CF: Actually, that Root article does sound kind of interesting and I might in fact check it out. As far as your comment about hoping to see a post about "Why you and other Blacks keep trying to achieve racial competency development via the American Political domain," I once again find it interesting you keep trying to tap into your inner Miss Cleo or Dionne Warwick to read too deeply into some hidden motivations you see in my writing. Are you saying (or implying) that Blacks are underdeveloped from a racial competency standpoint?
Your points about conservatism are interesting, but I feel that the same goals can be achieved through forms of progressivism. It's not necessarily the label that is important. It's the leaders and people who are important. Philosophy is like a game plan in basketball ... you can have the best plan, but it's not going anywhere unless you have the players to execute it. In other words, it's about the people. The people are out there. I do enjoy the debate though.
HA, HA ... I almost forgot about Dionne Warwick doing those commercials back in the day.
Post a Comment