Let me preface by saying I recent purchased a Detroit Lions football jersey. The last two I bought turned out to be duds (Joey Harrington and Charles Rogers ... sigh). The one I recently bought (through a good eBay deal) is Jon Kitna. So, am I a fan or a fool? Or, could I and legions of other fans of the Lions be something of a combination of the two? Who knows, but if nothing else we are loyal to our beloved Lions - in spite of how often they have let us down in recent centuries ... er ... decades. It was nice to see the Detroit Lions open up the team's compound in Allen Park (some would say that place is more tightly-guarded than the Pentagon or Guantanamo Bay). The Lions need to start treating their fans a little better and cease taking them so much for granted (even though we perhaps deserve it since we come back for more punishment in an almost masochistic fashion). Lions fans should enjoy this time with the undefeated Detroit Lions because as much as I would hope for the best I must prepare for what has been reality.
Miracles do happen ... and boy are the Lions past due for their miracles.
No comments:
Post a Comment