Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Greg Gutfeld Needs To Wake Up

Right or wrong, a current presidential administration generally blames the previous administration for problems they inherited. In the case of President Obama, he has probably been too nice about the problems he inherited from the previous administration. For example, some officials in the administration of George W. Bush blamed President Bill Clinton’s administration for 9/11. To me, that is laughable since Bush was inaugurated in January and the terrorist attacks happened on Sept. 11, 2001 (and there had been warnings, during Bush’s young administration, about Osama bin Laden).

That leads me to this from a column blog written by Greg Gutfeld:

So in a talk before a local business group, former President George W. Bush finally responded to all the mud thrown at him the previous five months. In the speech, Bush defended his policies regarding enhanced interrogation and rejected the idea of government-run health care. And to top it off, he said the new White House dog sucks.

Well, that dog part isn’t true, but it doesn’t matter. Because I already know how this is going to be played by the media – a group who takes any criticism toward Obama as a personal insult. After all, Obama isn’t just the man. He’s their man. I’m sure right now, Chris Matthews is taking an extra dose of meds to control the “thrill.”

I don’t have any problems with the way President Bush has been critical or expressing his disagreement with President Obama. I think President Bush has been respectful in his disagreement and I find no fault with that. I do find fault with a hack like Vice President Dick Cheney and his approach to trashing President Obama. Cheney’s post-White House behavior is beneath the dignity typically displayed by former presidents and vice presidents.

But, then again, Cheney is at least being consistent.

I think Bo Obama is cool.

Big Hollywood:
http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/ggutfeld/2009/06/18/daily-gut-bush-speaks/

No comments: