Friday, March 20, 2009

Angela McGlowan Seeks Most Favored Negro Status With Defense Of Jackie Mason Stupid Comments

Personally, I could care less about “comedian” Jackie Mason or anything he says - joking or otherwise. Although, in the video he did reveal himself to be defensive and unnecessarily foul mouthed. What I am more curious about is another one of these black conservatives (in this case Angela McGlowan) handpicked by Bill O’Reilly to come on and defend whites and others accused of something racist. McGlowan is basically handpicked to make an appearance and comfort whites accused of doing or saying something deemed racist and to ease other whites who may be made to feel uncomfortable about such an accusation (even if it is not against them). Then, in typical fashion, she uses the same defense people used in the Don Imus case (blame all liberals for attacking, show that black people are bad and have other things that they should be focused on and work to show that it’s no big deal). In the video she speaks often about problems in the so-called black community (as if there is some kind of a white community and it is problem free and everything is great). This is the same defense we hear a lot from people who trash the black community. Jackie Mason is considered a comedian and if he wants to use that kind of language in one of his routines then I (personally) could care less. I get McGlowan’s point that we should not worry so much about what comedians and entertainers are doing (I wonder if she would have that same opinion of rap music). I don’t necessarily disagree with that point. However, for her to take and throw the so-called black community under the bus by emphasizing all these problems, as if they’re exclusive to the black people, is pathetic over the line in my book. She allowed herself to go onto The O’Reilly Factorto be exploited for conservative use. She was brought on there primarily because she is conservative, black and largely agreed with O’Reilly on the issue.

The Gholston Post:
http://simmerdown3.wordpress.com/2009/03/19/angela-mcglowan-seeks-most-favored-negro-status-with-defense-of-jackie-mason-stupid-comments/

No comments: