While some people are calling for the resignation of Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele, I doubt many of the callers are Democrats. In all honesty, Steele has been great for the Democrats so far in his short tenure as RNC chair. But, as many people are now aware, Steele has come under increasing fire from within his own party and from within his own RNC to step aside. Now, check out this exchange between Steele and a caller during a radio show the RNC chair was guest hosting:
STEELE: It’s been a good week, it’s been an instructive week. That’s really what I take away from a week like this. … The instruction is particularly for republicans is that you need to stay focused, other wise you get scapegoated. […]
CALLER: I hope that Paul Begala and (Rahm) Emanuel and (James) Carville don’t convince you to resign your position.
STEELE: Aww, trust me. Not me Baby! Nuh-uh. Not happening. No way, no how!
I highly, HIGHLY doubt Begala, Emanuel and Carville want Steele to resign - believe me. Steele is the gift that keeps on giving (not too unlike Rush Limbaugh).
Think Progress:
http://thinkprogress.org/2009/03/06/steele-not-me-baby/
Side note: Steele slipped another gratuitous “baby” comment as another weak attempt to sound cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment