Leave it to conservative Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace to come riding in on a white horse to try and rescue fellow conservative Rush Limbaugh. Here are comments made by Wallace on Sunday as he tried his best (for whatever that is worth) to try and rehabilitate the fractured image of Rush Limbaugh. As might be expected, however, Wallace flopped as pretty much lied and went into revisionist history mode as he attempted to repackage Limbaugh’s words.
WALLACE: I do want to point out though just as a point of information, that Rush Limbaugh says, and I think if you read what he says, he wasn’t saying I want the president to fail. He was saying I want his policies, his agenda to fail and that he disagreed with them and thought they were bad for America.
This is looking at Limbaugh’s words through a conservative prism, as pointed out by Think Progress (which provided a copy of the original words of Limbaugh):
Liberalism is what’s gotten us dangerously close to the precipice here. Why do I want more of it? I don’t care what the Drive-By story is. I would be honored if the Drive-By Media headlined me all day long: “Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails.” Somebody’s gotta say it. […] “I hope he fails.” And that would be the most outrageous thing anybody in this climate could say.
Those are the words from Limbaugh right there. We all read and heard them, but apparently Chris Wallace read and heard them differently than everyone else. Ah, it always seems to happen on Fox News.
Think Progress:
http://thinkprogress.org/index.php
No comments:
Post a Comment