Sunday, March 15, 2009
Mike Patrick, Dick Vitale And Duke Don’t Mix Well
ESPN college basketball commentators Mike Patrick and Dick Vitale form a nice team. And, when they’re not calling Duke University basketball games, I can stomach listening to them. However, when they’re calling any college basketball game involving Duke, I have to turn the volume down because there is only so much I can take. I found myself gripped by that feeling while listening to the ACC championship game between Duke and Florida State. We all tire of the Duke worship and the worship of head coach Mike Krzyzewski (who has been undeniably successful) and pretty much everything he does. I think Mike and Dick can call a better game without so much fawning over Duke and Krzyzewski. Give Mike and Duke their props, but lets not get so carried away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment