Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Part 1: No Place For This In Sports

It never ceases to amaze me the stupid things that people do these days in sports … in competition and outside of competition. The latest incident took place during a college basketball game between Arizona and Houston. A Houston player, Aubrey Coleman, was called for an offensive foul. He then walked over toward Arizona standout player Chase Budinger(who was on the ground) and literally stepped on his face. Budinger was understandably upset and had to be restrained by teammates and officials. Naturally, Coleman insisted it was an “accident” but I find that awfully difficult to believe. I’m not saying people should throw the book at this guy, but he should perhaps be further disciplined by his team. I don’t want to hear any excuses from coaches or administrators from Houston … what’s wrong is wrong and this young guy should be further punished. He doesn’t need to have a scholarship revoked (assuming he has one) or be kicked off the team, but he does not to truly understand what he did was wrong.

The Gholston Post:
http://simmerdown3.wordpress.com/2009/01/27/part-1-no-place-for-this-in-sports/

No comments: