Thursday, January 1, 2009
Rod Marinelli Out As Lions Head Football Coach
When you finish 0-16, the first team in National Football League history to earn that distinction, heads are going to roll. On Monday, the Detroit Lions dumped head coach Rod Marinelli … one day after finishing 0-16 following a Sunday afternoon loss at Green Bay. Marinelli is a good man, but he appears to have been in over his head as the head coach of the Lions. I think he will make a fine coordinator again some day and he could, believe it or not, make a decent head coach (but, it has to be in a perfect situation). Marinelli will get back into the game of football and he will be coaching again somewhere and probably sooner rather than later. I am listening to Marinelli’s press conference and I wish he had been as open and candid during his entire tenure as head coach as he is the day he has been fired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment