Saturday, January 31, 2009

Super Bowl Prediction

As many of you know, the big game is Sunday as the Super Bowl pits the Pittsburgh Steelers against the Arizona Cardinals. I like the matchup mainly because of the contrast in styles of play. Pittsburgh is your grind-it-out team that plays with toughness and grit. Arizona is a little more of a skilled and finesse-type team that can hit the home run with a flair for the spectacular. The Cardinals probably prefer more of a high-scoring game while the Steelers probably want more of a low-scoring defensive-oriented game to play out in Tampa. I like the the toughness and defense of the Steelers and think they will get it done by putting some pressure on Arizona quarterback Kurt Warner (who has experienced and unbelievable revival of his career and is playing at a very high level). I think the Steelers will find a way to get to the quarterback and disrupt the Cardinals' offense. Arizona has to strike early and rattle the Steelers (force Pittsburgh to have to produce offensively with pressure on).

PREDICTION: Pittsburgh 17, Arizona 16

No comments: