Sunday, September 7, 2008

Will Hasselbeck Paint Palin As She Did Obama? I Doubt It

Elisabeth Hasselbeck, as you may have read in an earlier post I made, mocked Michelle Obama because she alleges the wife of Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama made some conditions for their interview and supposedly Cindy McCain, wife of Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain, did not. I wonder if she will criticize the Republicans for hiding Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, crying about fair treatment and then saying they will dictate terms of any interview with Palin. Elisabeth, are you as upset about this? Elisabeth, will you make fun of Palin as did Michelle Obama? Are you going to call it fair? Or, are you going to hide behind the fact that you were referring to interviews on The View? Do you think Palin has something to hide the way you suggested Michelle Obama might have something to hide? Is there another reason, perhaps a more sinister reason, for your shot at Michelle Obama and your silence on Sarah Palin's hiding from the media? This is from an article I read on the Web. It has a comment from the McCain campaign to Fox News (I know ... you're shocked). Rick Davis, "McCain's campaign manager, appearing on the Fox New Channel, told Chris Wallace that Palin would not be subjected to reporters questions "until the point in time when she'll be treated with respect and deference."Ripping the fourth estate for a perceived bias towards the Alaska Governor, Davis went on."She's not scared to answer questions," he said, "but you know what? We run our campaign not the news media... Sarah Palin will have the opportunity to speak to the American people. She will do interviews, but she'll do them on the terms and conditions" the campaign decides." Elisabeth, you must be upset about this, right?

Huffington Post on Palin hiding from the media:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/07/palins-absence-becomes-fo_n_124608.html

2 comments:

UliPele said...

Well, you know, it's only been 9 days since Palin has been kept carefully away from the media. I'd have thought someone with a degree in journalism, and who called herself a pit-bull with lipstick, wouldn't be so afraid of the media.

Have you seen Jon Stewart's clips about the hypocrisy of the republicans' treatment of Hillary and current whine-fest about Sara?

(You can visit my blog and read my post "Republican heads spin right OFF!" so you don't have to search for it)

I'm also doing a Sarah Palin Cone of Silence countup. (I guess it's not a count"down" since nobody knows when she'll emerge).

How many days til the VP debate?

Sandy Gholston said...

The VP debate is going to be very interesting. Jon Stewart always has some entertaining clips. I will check out your blog. Thanks for stopping by.