I, like many others, have written about Gov. Sarah Palin's belittling of the hard work of community organizers. As I also mentioned, the efforts of community organizers were the foundation of the civil rights movement and the women's rights movement. I recently found a writer (Van Jones), on The Huffington Post, who suggested that Palin might be a hater of the late civil rights pioneer, Rosa Parks. Women like Rosa Parks and so many other women and men rallied communities, served their communities, and did remarkable things that improved this country for the better. The Republicans seem to think that the only worthwhile and important service for the country is through the military, but there are other ways to serve the country and community service and community organization are two ways. Here is the article about Palin and what might be her hatred of Parks and those noble efforts more than 40 years ago.
The Huffington Post on Palin belittling community organizers:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/van-jones/sarah-palin-would-hate-ro_b_124294.html
No comments:
Post a Comment