Helen Thomas is a legendary correspondent who has been covering the White House for a long, LONG time. But, the respect you would think she has earned over the years, was not well respected by Fox News conservative commentator Bill O’Reilly. After a press conference conducted on Monday by President Barack Obama, O’Reilly and fellow right winger Bernard Goldberg mocked/attacked Thomas as a way of getting off … I guess. Here is part of what O’Reilly said as former Fox News show host Alan Colmes (one of the few moderates the network has ever employed in a prominent role) tried to calm O’Reilly down.
O’Reilly: The White House press corps looked intimidated to me… Except for that, what’s her name? The old lady, Helen Thomas. [squawking sound]
Colmes: Is that your Helen Thomas impression?
O’Reilly: Yea! [squawking sound]
Colmes: I didn’t know you did impersonations.
O’Reilly: It’s like the wicked witch of the east! If I were Obama, I would’ve poured water on her, and she would dissolve!
Colmes: It’s not nice to make fun of an old woman, Bill.
O’Reilly: It doesn’t matter.
No, it doesn’t matter to ethically-challenged Bill, who insists that he does not do personal attacks when in fact he does do personal attacks. But, this is the same O’Reilly who also claims to loathe paparazzi … only to have his “producers” stalk people he does not like with cameras and microphones.
Crooks and Liars:
http://crooksandliars.com/silentpatriot/billo-mocks-helen-thomas-calls-her-o
No comments:
Post a Comment