Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kevin Durant Definitely Deserves To Have Jersey Retired By Texas

Please spare me all of thisgarbage about how Kevin Durant only played in college for one season while at the University of Texas. I was listening to the guys on ESPN’s PTI and they are missing the boat about the retirement of Durant’s No. 35 jersey. It matters little to me that he stayed for only one season. It was one hell of a season, he was national player of the year and there is no doubt about his abilities and his work on the floor for the Longhorns. I don’t want to hear all of this stuff about how a person has to stay a certain amount of years or has to win a championship. Staying a certain amount of years has nothing to do with the caliber of player and teams win championships … not the individual player. I heard one of the guys on PTI taking a backhanded swipe at the perceived lack of tradition of Texas (in basketball). That is just plain stupid. Kevin Durant would have been a great player at just about any school and would be deserving of having his jersey retired at just about any school. Lets face it, this is the decision of the University of Texas and I think it is a solid decision and deserves better than someone “tradition snobs” taking a cheap shot at the tradition of the Longhorns.

Bleacher Report:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/40565-does-kevin-durant-deserve-to-have-his-jersey-retired-by-texas

No comments: