Wednesday, February 4, 2009
With Michael Steele, Are Republicans Playing The So-Called “Race Card”
As much as I think the term “race card” is just a made-up thing, I do wonder if Republicans are trying to play it with the recent election of Michael Steele, a black man, as Republican National Committee chairman. Most people of color do not think of the Republican Party as being very inclusive and it is highly doubtful even Michael Steele will be able to change that much. Perhaps the Republicans have been caught up in the wave of momentum created by the election of President Barack Obama, who is the first black man elected president of the United States of America. If that is the hope of the Republicans, I believe they are destined to feel a painful reality … one that perhaps even Michael Steele can’t see coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment