Monday, February 16, 2009
Tyler Perry Is An Inspiration To A Lot Of People
I’ve always found Tyler Perry to be ain intriguing figure (because of his life story as well as because of his outstanding works). One of the things that makes Perry so effective, in my opinion, is that he has come to understand that (when you have to make a choice) it is better to appeal to real people than to critics. Real people, the ones willing to spend their hard-earned money, have more of a tendency to want high entertainment value and fun while critics have some special button that has to be tapped for them to be impressed (in an almost snobbish way … many times). These critics, however, simply do not get it. Perry understands people. This is part of the key to Perry’s incredible success. This is all from a man who not all that long ago was homeless, broke and struggling to find himself. People (critics) have a tendency to look at Perry’s movies in a negative fashion, but he has made an incredible success of his blockbuster films and his unforgettable characters. I can watch “Diary of a Mad Black Woman” over and over again (and I do). I feel the same way about many of his other films, too, including “Madea’s Family Reunion.” I know that Tyler Perry has been an inspiration to me and has me working feverishly to perfect my novels. Who knows if I can reach the stars. But, one thing is for sure: I’ll never know unless I try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment