Monday, February 16, 2009

Jessica Simpson Catching Heat For Curvy Figure … People Have Lost Their Minds

What is the world coming to when we still continue to push the myth that there is only one rail-thin body type that is acceptable of certain celebrities. Jessica Simpson has been taking all kinds of criticism in the media for her new curvy figure (to normal people she looks hot). Now, I am not normal because I think she looks even hotter … but, that is just me. Still, I find myself troubled by our continued insistence that women have to be toothpicks to be beautiful and to be above criticism for their physical appearance. While closing out my Web-based e-mail, I ran across a story that talked about Simpson’s “curvier figure” that was on display while she was performing in New York at Madison Square Garden. Honestly, I thought she looked as good as she has ever looked. But, I do understand the expectations that women are supposed to have and maintain a certain body type to keep themselves socially acceptable. Those who have been harsh on her for her figure are the ones who need to check themselves. Beautiful women come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

No comments: