Rep. Michele Bachmann is finally getting a few of her fellow Republicans to try and rescue her from her own self-inflicted political wounds. Indiana Rep. Mark Souder has tried to rescue his colleague, who has been under fire for yet another controversial comment. Coming off of statements about blacks, other minorities and President Bill Clinton being responsible for the economic crisis. She followed up that horrific statement by trying to get people to think that Sen. Barack Obama holds anti-American views (part of an orchestrated Republican campaign to make Sen. Obama look like “he is not one of us”). Said Souder: “I read the whole interview. Chris Matthews tried to trick her into that question, over and over for the entire interview. Unfortunately, her last comment, she fell for the trap.No, we shouldn’t have an investigation into Congress. They are elected by the people of the United States. I have full faith and confidence. Now, I think some of them, for example, Sen. Obama, should be careful who he pals around with.” Rep. Michele Bachmann does not take the blame for her own mistakes. She lies her way out of it and shifts the blame to other people. Then, she has people who come out to help her blame Chris Matthews. If she is not tough enough and not smart enough that she allowed Chris Matthews (who is a smart man and a good television host) to apparently throw her so badly off her game, then what is she doing serving as a representative of people of the state of Minnesota? Rep. Souder and Rep. Bachmann need to quit making excuses. Rep. Bachmann needs to answer for yet another boneheaded and dangerous comment that shows her borderline hostility to blacks and other minorities as well as her blind loyalty to her Republican Party’s culturally-narrow agenda. And, based on what I’ve seen from Rep. Michele Bachmann, I don’t think Chris Matthews would have had to work very hard had his intention been to trick her. Honestly, I think Matthews looked genuinely stunned by the hard nature of her comments.
Think Progress:
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/10/22/bachmann-souder/
No comments:
Post a Comment