Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Is Sarah Palin Sandbagging?

Now, the more that I think about it ... the more I am beginning to wonder if Gov. Sarah Palin is sandbagging going into this first vice presidential debate with Sen. Joe Biden. Maybe her strategy is a brilliant one. Perhaps she is attempting to lower the bar of expectations for her going into this debate so that even the minimal becomes incredible. Think about it. If the bar is so low from her then she could conceivably be declared the winner of the debate if she shows up in the right city (St. Louis, Missouri), makes it to the proper place (Washington University), stops in front of the correct podium and can remember the name of the moderator (Gwen Ifill). I have to think that Gov. Palin is going to come out and perform far better than is expected of her (then again, the expectations are pitifully low). It is almost impossible that she can perform below expectations ... literally impossible. I just finished watching the Oct. 1 edition of Countdown on MSNBC and it was amazing to see a compilation of her gaffes all in one series of clips. Republicans can only hope that somehow the preparation will help make her at least reasonably capable during this vice presidential debate.

CNN on Palin/Biden debate:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/27/next-up-biden-and-palin/

No comments: