Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rush Limbaugh Again “Rush”es To Bash Colin Powell For Racism After Endorsement of Sen. Barack Obama

You knew it was coming. The conservatives are lining up to begin attack Republican former Secretary of State Colin Powell for his endorsement of Sen. Barack Obama for president. I had called this from the minute the rumors started that Powell was ready to make some kind of endorsement and that it could, in all likelihood, be Sen. Obama. Conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh has been leading the harsh criticism of Powell for his endorsement of Sen. Obama with this Sunday offering to get the player-hater party started against Powell (Limbaugh wrote to Politico’s Jonathan Martin as reported by Huffington Post), ”Secretary Powell says his endorsement is not about race… OK, fine. I am now researching his past endorsements to see if I can find all the inexperienced, very liberal, white candidates he has endorsed. I’ll let you know what I come up with.” In spite of your “Rush” to judgement, I will save you the effort. I think most people considered George W. Bush highly inexperienced and inadequately prepared to be president of the United States when he ran in 2000. It should be noted, by the way, that George W. Bush ran against a far more experienced and prepared Al Gore. It should be also noted that, like every other president of the United States, George W. Bush just so happens to be a white guy (I know that is not breaking news to you, but perhaps it is to Limbaugh). Maybe Rush forgot about W. Sam Stein’s Huffington Post article points out a number of people of accusing Powell of racism in supporting Sen. Obama. This feeds into the stereotype that a lot of Republicans seem to hold that all black people get along and will stick together. However, I can state that not all black people get along or support each other anymore than all white people stick together and get along. Once again, Limbaugh shows his ignorance about race, life and human beings. But, should we really be surprised anymore by what we hear from one of the most infamous right-wing extremists in United States political history. Limbaugh has a long and troubling history of commenting about, exploiting and jabbing away at the wounds of the issue of race in our nation and this case is no different.

Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/19/limbaugh-george-will-powe_n_135968.html

No comments: